Thursday 12 December 2013

What do I believe about art?

This is the last blog I will be writing for Mr. Lee’s class this semester and I believe for the whole Junior year. Finallyyyyy. It has been a good run writing these blogs and I will definitely remember these. Today’s prompt is asking what do I believe about art. Well to me, art is a different type of interpretation for people to express themselves, feelings or maybe emotions. There are many different arts out there that are extremely famous and can be sold for over one million dollars. Crazy in my opinion. Just recently I stumbled upon a post on Facebook that said an art exhibit just sold for over 40 million dollars. Well guess what, it was literally only two colors: blue and black. It was a black background and had a blue line down the middle of the art. I thought this was totally absurd. Seems like if you make art for a living you might have a chance to make quite some money.

Obviously there are many different types of arts. There is the art of kung fu, art of magic, and many others. In this instance, I am talking about the art that people paint, draw, sketch, etc. I will also consider music to be in this blog. I believe that art is a way to express ones feelings. In a song, an artist can express the mood to the song so perfectly that it can relate to millions of people around the world. This is probably different in the case of art of drawing because people will have different perspectives of the art. Some might think of an artwork that was intended to be sad as happy and vice versa.


One thing I really hate about having an art class in school is that a teacher is grading you on your art. Well if they are the ones that grade you for what is supposedly your art, it isn’t really your art anymore. It is the teachers art because they decide whether it is good or not and grade you on it. I believe that is horrible and that is why I truly hate having art classes with a passion. Also because I am terrible at drawing and do not like having to show a teacher my horrible art. On the other hand, schools that have the art of music, as a non-mandatory class is great in my opinion. Believe it or not, but I used to be in the school band when I was in the 4th grade. It was a great time because we got to express the music on the sheet but in our own different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment