Sunday 6 October 2013

Define Success

       
             In my opinion, success is not an object but a feeling that one experiences after accomplishing a goal or getting past an obstacle. If one sets new years resolutions and achieves everything they put down on the list, I believe that is success. The feeling that you feel after achieving something is such a special feeling. It is like you knowing you've finally finished your goal and have been successful. Another meaning for success is being successful in life. The definition is totally up to the person's mind set. If a man thinks getting drunk everyday and loses money everyday is success, and truly believes he is successful in life, that's his meaning of success. Most people think having a job that pays great money, big expensive houses and cars, and an amazingly attractive spouse is success. That seems like more of a realistic definition of success. I can agree to that, but that is not my definition of success.


          Achieving success is something everyone can experience. The only way they can experience it is by going after it yourself. Success is not going to come your way on its own. For example, if you want to win a marathon race, you won't be able to win without putting the work and practice in. There's no way you can win a marathon without any practice. You're going to be extremely likely to pass out because you can't finish the race. If you want to win a marathon race, you need to run daily. If you run everyday, you're get stamina and running will get a little easier for you since your body is used to it. After you cross that finish line in winning ways, you'll definitely experience the true meaning of success. It's such an amazing feeling that one can experience.


         
          I have never ran a marathon, but I have definitely experienced success many times in my life. For example studying 5 hours straight for an exam and getting a 100% on the exam is a great example of success. This is a common success feeling that most students experience. The best success feeling that I have experienced was when I scored twin goals to lead NMI over Macau in the u15 EAFF tournament. The feeling was one of the best feelings I've ever felt. Other than personal experiences, scoring that goal is such an accomplishment of mine. NMI has never won a game in international competition until that moment. I literally made history and that's an amazing thing. I put so much work in that summer and all the work came through. Ever since then, I have worked hard for soccer every day. Just recently, I scored the game winner in a men's league match in the final 5 minutes. Scoring goals to win games is the greatest success feelings for me. Scoring goals in general is also a success feeling for me.


Success is something a person should aim for all the time. Set goals and achieve them, then you will feel the feeling of success. Experiencing success makes one feels 10000000% relaxed and grateful for a while. The feeling of success can never be crushed and that's why it's such an amazing feeling. One of the best feelings in the world. Love is most likely the number one feeling a person can experience. Or well it is for me.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment