Sunday 6 October 2013

What do I want on my tombstone?

       What do I want on my tombstone? Honestly, I have never really thought about it. I tend to stay away from the topic death as much as possible because death is such a horrible thing that can happen. In only a second, one's life is gone. Nothing more he or she can do. From then on, there are only memories for other people, no more new experiences. Having lost a loved one is the worst of them all. Anyways I have no choice but to write about this because it is on prompt number 15, but I wouldn't put anything too extreme on my tombstone. It feels like such disrespect if someone was too put a joke or something on their tombstone. The person is dead. It is not a joke at all.


         Now back to the prompt. On my tombstone, I would want the simple, usual version that most people use:

Jehn Berneser Harada Joyner
10/09/97- date whenever I die
"Was a great man... blah blah blah"

I would want my full name, birthdate to death date, and a quote that one of my family members will write. To make things a little more exciting, I would want a slide show presentation on my tombstone that shows pictures of me and my loved ones with all memories. I would want the slideshow to be placed inside the translucent tombstone head. It will be really cool I think to have that, because I have never seen it before in my life. By the time I die, I'm pretty sure the technology will be so advanced that something like that will be a piece of cake to make. The slide show can have however many pictures the person who builds my tombstone wants, but I want it to be everlasting. The slideshow will go on forever and ever just to show the memories that I had with my loved ones with the people who will walk by my grave. During the slide show, it will name every person's name that is displayed on the picture. I want everyone to know the people that were close to me. Ofcourse, my family will be the first to be displayed on the slide show. Family is always first no matter what. Without family, there is no you. You don't live when you don't have family. Having a family is the best things that can happen. Having people that have your back. Love you endlessly. Fight for you. There isn't anything better than that. I guess having a family is the best thing that happens for a child, but making a family is even a better decision that happens to adult. Or nowadays teens... like in teen moms. Ok just kidding. But honestly, I love my family. There's no way I can put anyone above them. If I have a girlfriend, she won't be ahead of my family until she IS my family. She might not like that, but hey family is always first for me.


       After my family, I would want to have my closest friends in the slideshow. Goofy pictures, serious pictures, meaningful pictures, EVERYTHING. I want all the pictures that are taken with or of me to be on the slide show. It will be the best of memories. People can stop by the grave and can literally watch my life story. Maybe. They can witness all the deepest memories I've cherished with people and I want them to witness that. Once I'm dead, there's nothing to hide, so I want to let it all out in the display of the slide show.

No comments:

Post a Comment