Sunday 3 November 2013

My children

Today's prompt is asking what I would teach and wouldn't teach to my children. When I grow up, get married, and have children, I want my children to do the best they can to express themselves in whatever way they want to. Ofcourse discipline is a key thing, but too much wouldn't allow my kids to have fun and just explore the world in their own perspective. I want to have 2 children that are both boys. Even at a young age, I have given much thought into my future and have decided this. Today's kids seem very spoiled to me. I would never let my children become like that. I would spoil them just enough so that they can be happy, but also learn. I wouldn't set many rules on my children because they need to live life the way they want to even at a young age. Ofcourse there are certain boundaries that cannot be crossed, but I would give my children a lot of freedom. With that freedom they can explore their life the way they want to with the help of their loving family. I will support my children with whatever they want to do. If they want to become a rockstar, I will support them 10000%. If they want to become an athlete, I'll help train them to become the best among everyone. I enjoy playing with kids so I am actually excited to have children one day. I believe that I am actually pretty good with kids also.  Three things that I would definitely teach my children is respect/manners, kindness, and expressing themselves.


I believe that everyone should have respect and manners no matter what age you are. Ofcourse a 2 year old won't know what it is, so that's why I would teach it to my children. Especially to say thank you whenever someone does something nice for them. With respect and manners, my kid will grow up to be a good being and be successful in life. If a kid is respectful to others, the others will respect him back. Respect is something that is earned, not given. Manners are an easy thing to learn and a very important thing to know. For example, my kid should be polite to other adults no matter who they are. Nowadays, many kids think that they are above everyone else or that they are all that. So many are disrespectful to their parents and other people. Those type of people will not do good in life.

Being kind is definitely a good thing to have in a person. If a person is kind, generally more people will be kind back. Therefore, it will be easier for my kids to get more and more friends. Even when they are older they can get a girlfriend. And with their respect and manners, they will impress their girlfriend's parents and pass as good children. I want my children to set standards for other kids and other parents to make their kids like them also.

Expressing themselves is such an important thing in life. If you aren't expressing yourself, what are you doing? Trying to be another person? No. You have to be yourself. I want my kids to know and be proud of being themselves no matter how they are or how they look like. I want my children to know that being yourself is more important than anything else. If you aren't yourself, you aren't living your life the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment