Wednesday 21 August 2013

Self Description

Unveiling Me



          Hi, my name is Jehn Berneser Harada Joyner and I am 16 years old this year. I am an 11th grader that attends Saipan International School. I was born here on Saipan and have lived here all my life. I plan to graduate from SIS and go to college in the U.S. 


 I couldn't have asked for a better place to be born and raised. Saipan is such a beautiful island in the Northern Marianas and has wonderful scenery within it. Places such as Banzai Cliff or the Grotto are among the most visited sites that not only tourists check out, but even locals! The people here are one of a kind. They are probably the friendliest people in the world once you get to know them. I have many friends and they're all great in their own different ways. I have a very diverse group of friends. So many are from different ethnic backgrounds such as, Chamorros, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Cambodian, American, Russian, Filipino, Palawan, and many many more! My family is the greatest group of people ever. I have a couple of distant family relatives, but my main ones live here in my house. I have an intellectual father named John Joyner, a hard-working mother named Yasuko Joyner, and a very helpful sister named Jian. I love them all so much. 



        One thing about me is that I absolutely love playing sports. I'm always very active and am athletic. I like sports such as soccer, basketball, volleyball, and many more. My main sport is definitely soccer though. I started the sport when I was only 8 years old and have continued on until now and probably until I die. Thats how much I love soccer. I always watch the Fifa World Cup, that goes on every 4 years, on tv but next year, I am planning to actually go watch a live match. I have been on numerous traveling soccer teams and have competed in places like: Japan, Chinese Taipei, Guam, and Nepal. I have made many special memories there like scoring the goals for the CNMI national u15 team that got it's first ever win in history against Macau 2-1. I use my height to an advantage in any sport that I play since I'm 6'2". Many people are envious of my height, and all I gotta say is that it's definitely an advantage. Well, for me it as at least. 


          On my free time I really enjoy listening to music, watching movies, or hanging with my friends/other people. I have a very wide range of music that I listen to. I like pretty much everything except country and classical music. I listen to music whenever I can because I love it so much. It's such a bummer how I'm not a good singer, but singing along to the songs is fun when I'm alone. Going to the movies is one of my favorite things to do with my friends or other people. Comedy or action movies are really fun to watch but I usually prefer watching those on my own. Horror movies is the type of movies I love to watch with my friends. I can never watch a scary movie on my own, however. Lastly, just hanging with my friends is fun for me. Even if its at school! My friends are all so fun that it doesn't matter where we are, it'll always be a good time. The conversations that we have are always the best. 


           Now that I've told you about myself, readers I hope that you can understand me and maybe even tell me about yourselves! Theres a lot more to know as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment